Backstage for Kirrily Johnston at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia with Renya Xydis, Wella Professionals Ambassador.
The hair look, created by Renya Xydis, Wella Professionals Ambassador, for the Kirrily Johnston x Cooper St Edit SS15/16 show was an intricately braided, Grecian goddess-inspired look. “We wanted to create softer, more feminine version of a gladiator style but with an edgy aspect. The texture of the hair style is matte and dry rather than tight and wet, and we've left beautiful, flowy tendrils so that when she moves, the hair moves with her. We've used a lot of Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz and Sebastian Drynamic Dry Shampoo to lift the hair from the scalp, before adding Sebastian Re-Shaper Hairspray to layer the textures and create grit,"
Renya Xydis, Wella Professionals Ambassador.
GET THE LOOK
- Begin with freshly washed hair using SP LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Mask.
- Liberally spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz into hair and roughly blow dry to create texture.
- Create a centre part and spray Sebastian Drynamic Dry Shampoo into the roots before French braiding a 5cm braid on each side until you reach the crown, and then fishtail plait to the ends, spraying with Sebastian Re-Shaper Hairspray to seal.
- Repeat as above, creating two additional braids with the front sections of hair, leaving out soft tendrils around the hairline.
- With the lower half of the hair, create a mix of larger French braids and smaller fishtail braids to incorporate all the hair.
- Group the braids into three even sections and plait together to create one large plait, then loop the end around to the left and secure under at the nape of the neck with pins.
- Working with the palms of your hands, manipulate and massage the braids to create an imperfect texture and messy style.
- Paint gold glitter onto the scalp in between the braids and spritz with Sebastian Re-Shaper Hairspray to finish
The lightweight formula cleans the hair and sets a keratin foundation for a soft finish, RRP $34.00
A lightweight mask that instantly repairs hair, improving texture and imparting softness, RRP $36.00
A sea salt texturising spray used to create a matte, carefree beach hair look, RRP: $24.00
A texturising, volumising dry shampoo to refresh and recharge hair, RRP: $34.00
A strong hold hairspray and humidity-protection spray that provides long-lasting hold, RRP $32.00