Designed by Max Factor’s creative director Pat McGrath, the look celebrates 100 years of Max Factor’s glamorous transformations. Inspired by 1960’s icon, Twiggy, this tutorial will help you to recreate a striking party look while channelling the edgy femininity that came from her graphic make-up. The look features Max Factor’s newest launch, Masterpiece Transform Mascara, for WOW effect lashes.
1. Prepare the face and brows: Apply foundation, groom your eyebrows and fill in sparse areas with an eyebrow pencil.
2. Blend a taupe cream shadow into the crease of the eye for definition and blend a little along the lower lash line.
3. Set the applied shadow with a taupe powder shadow in both the crease and the lower lash line.
4. Add a little more depth into the outer eye area and into the crease with a dark brown eye shadow.
5. Blend all the shades out gently with a pale taupe shadow and highlight under the brow bone with a champagne shade.
6. Apply a charcoal pencil liner along the upper lash line and softly create a wing shape.
7. Repeat on the lower lash line while keep a little separation between the lines at the wing.
8. Smudge a black eye shadow into the eyeliner for a smokey effect.
9. In the space between liner, apply a bold white eye shadow pencil for a striking look.
10. Coat the upper and lower lashes with a lengthening and volumising mascara to finish the eyes.
11. Frame the face with a bronzer. Start around the perimeter and blend out to the hair line.
12. Enhance the shape of your lips with a nude liner and fill the lips in with a pink-based nude lipstick to finish.
Max Factor Products to recreate the look:
08. Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner in Excessive Charcoal 09. Wild Eye Shadow Pot in Ferocious Black